Sunday there was yet another e-cigarette lithium battery explosion—this time in woman’s purse while she was shopping. Mara McInerney’s handbag exploded with the sound of a “gunshot,” pouring thick black smoke and sending other shoppers scurrying away from the blast. It was the 15th anniversary of 9/11, a day when people’s nerves were already on edge. According to an NBC 4 New York article, McInerney was terrified; “It was 9/11. I thought someone had put something in my bag.” It turned out the lithium battery in her vaporizer exploded burning her designer bag into fragments. Luckily the flaming bag didn’t burn her hands and face as well. The New Jersey woman is even more thankful it didn’t explode while her four year old daughter was reaching into the bag to get a toy or a piece of candy.
Another Student Burned by E-Cigarette—This Time During School
Posted in Burn Injuries, E-Cigarette, Product Liability
In Albertville, Alabama, a 10th grade student noticed his e-cigarette case was getting hot. He took it out of his pocket and placed it on a nearby desk where it promptly exploded. He escaped injury but a nearby student wasn’t so lucky. He was hospitalized with burns to his face and neck.
Continue Reading Another Student Burned by E-Cigarette—This Time During School
E-Cigarette Companies Marketing to America’s Youth
Posted in E-Cigarette, Product Liability
While there is no doubt that e-cigarettes are dangerous, a recent study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention presents a much greater problem that has previously been overlooked. According to the study, approximately 18.3 million middle school and high school students were exposed to at least one source of e-cigarette advertising in 2014.…