Accidental or unintentional injuries are the fourth leading cause of death in the United States, accounting for approximately 65 percent of all deaths. The other 35 percent are intentional injuries, occurring as a result of fights, assaults, suicide, homicide, and other crimes. Many of these intentional injuries occur at bars, inns, taverns or clubs, after an evening of recreational drinking.

A bar’s liability extends not only to injuries resulting from a motor vehicle accident, but also to injuries resulting from known dangers in the face of inadequate warnings or protections. For example, a bar may be liable for injuries sustained by a person legally on the property by way of an assault, if it is shown that the assault was a known danger and the bar provided inadequate security despite the danger.

If you sustained an injury from an assault at a bar, please contact us immediately.

Deborah Dunn is an Associate in Stark & Stark’s Marlton, New Jersey office, concentrating in Accident & Personal Injury Law. For more information, please contact Ms. Dunn.